ENGLISH SUBTITLES AVAILABLE. Inspired by true stories told by Marcel Souto Maior
in his book “Behind the Veil of Isis”. The Mothers of Chico Xavier Why did you make up this fishing, huh? You know I don’t like this stuff. We need to spend more time together. To become a real family. Pull my other leg, Mr. Mario! Well, if this riles you… Then, let’s get out of here. I didn’t want to come. I’ve just come ’cause my mom has insisted a lot. All right. That’s ok. So… Let’s get out of here. You know something? This ain’t so bad. Take a look at this, Mr. Mario! Look who is coming! Well, look at this! You’re supposed to enjoy more these moments. No sermon, Mr. Mario! Ok? No sermon. You’re really incorrigible. Now that’s getting better, we’ll leave? You didn’t even want to come! You has hesitated a lot before coming, huh? We should… We should do this more times. Maybe. Go! Go, Ruth! Mom, close your eyes! Give me your hand. This won’t let you forget about today. We’ve not been walking together for a long time. Fishing score: Raul: 1 fish. Mr. Mario: zero. I didn’t realize it was a contest. Ah, Mr. Mario… That’s why you’ve got this unpleasant face, huh? See, mom? Your father was never a good loser. Losing was never my best quality. Where are we going, Mr. Mario? I have to pick up some equipments. It’s gonna be fast. Won’t you come? Ok. I won’t be long. Come with me, son. I’d rather stay with my mom. Come on, lad! Don’t be lazy! Come on! Give me a hand. He loves to use me as pawn. All right, Mr. Mario! Let’s go. Are you sure it’s here? Yes. No sign of life. What’s up? Everything is gonna be all right, son. Yeah? For who? Dad, don’t this to me!
– You can’t handle this alone! You have no such right! You have no such right, dad! Someday… he’ll thank us. Thanking?… There isn’t another way, Ruth. One year later Mom? What’s up, sweetheart? Nightmare. Nightmare?
– Yeah. It’s over. It was just a dream. Give me a hug. It’s over. Who’s here? Mommy. Good morning! I’m gonna open the windows to scare away this nightmare, ok? Hi, Ruth! It’s Mary. I’m sorry for disturbing you,
darling, but we miss you so much. Kisses. Hi, missing! I’d like to know if you have
ever seen my Master Project. Call me. Ruth, it’s Gabriel. I need an answer for the Art exhibition. Are you up or
not? I’ll remove all the paintings. We’ve got little time. Won’t you go to the gallery? Wouldn’t you meet them? You’re gona stay at home!… Are you sure, Ruth? I feel fine here. I wish it to be nothing but a nightmare… At night, I was thinking… About what?
– Maybe I should prevent Raul to choose that way… We’ve decided not talking about this anymore, didn’t we? Did you think about that idea of hiring someone… to keep your company? I don’t wanna talk about this. You know you can no longer act in this way… confined. I must go. I don’t wanna come late once more to the TV studio. Good morning. Oh, what! Give me a ham and cheese sandwich…
without ham. What happened, Santiago? Did you fall out of bed? What’s up?
– Karlzinho, Karlzinho!… What is this?
– Read it. Wonderful, Santiago! Wonderful, bro! What a good thing! Give me a hug, pal! What a good thing, Santiago! Hooray!
– It took time, but it came. Wonderful! Are you happy? When are you leaving? – Soon. Will you take Lara? Have you ever talked to her? Not yet… I must go, man. I’m more than late to go to the TV studio. Right now? Get excited, man! I ain’t recognizing you, bro! Isn’t it what you want? Congratulation!
Let’s meet soon to celebrate, ok? – Have a nice day! Cheers! Lica! Hi, my love! Are you ready to go to school? First day? Are you ready or not? Elisa, Theo is so cute!…
– Isn’t he? And about Gê?
– He just left. He didn’t even say good morning… Oh, my dear, he said he was late!
– As always. Elisa, he’ll telephone you later, dear. Now it’s this way: we only talk to each other by phone.
– Elisa! Bye, Mrs. Ana!
– Bye. Come, my son! Lica, he goes out at noon, but I wanna
you there at 11 on the dot. – Ok.
Is it ok? Anything else, telephone me.
– Don’t worry, Mrs. Elisa. Bye.
– Bye, Theo. Lica, let’s work! Yes? What? What hell… That’s irresponsible! I’m not supposed to comprehend anything! Look, if you don’t clean this mess you’ve done, I’m gonna prosecute you! You got it? Incompetent! What happened, Mario? Raul escaped from the rehab. Oh, you don’t say so! I knew it! I
know my son!…
– I’m gonna call the police. Don’t, Mario! Please, go after him right now! Bring our son back home! Hi.
– Hi. How are you?
Fine. Are you his teacher? I guess so. How are you?
– It’s our first day.
– Ah, I see. What’s your name? Theo. Theo? What a nice name! Theo, apart from your house, of course, this is the coolest place of the world! Did you know that?
– No. – No? Ok. Go over there and I’ll show you.
Bye, son! What’s your name? Elisa. Elisa, my name is Lara. Don’t worry, ’cause he’s in good hands.
– Thank you. Bye.
– Bye. And about you? How are you? Living a day after another. That’s it. You know…
– I know. I know. Sit down. What’s up? I wanna show you something. Have you ever heard of this guy? Yes, of course. What do you know about him? I just know what everybody knows: he’s a famous medium. And do you know what he’s doing now? Let me see… Writing! But what’s he writing? An article from the other world. Letters. Letters? To whom? According to him, letters from the beyond. From dead people who communicate with the living ones. So, he’s a journalist too. He’s the copywriter in a subsidiary of Heaven. At least, he claims that. Why does he write with his eyes closed? I don’t know. Aren’t you up for investigating?
– Specifically what? The letters. To discover if it’s really possible communication between the dead and the living ones. Interesting. And about you? What about me? What do you think about that? You know me. I don’t believe in anything. But I’ll be honest with you: the big boss asked us to dig for information.
– Really? Yeah.
– But why? To fulfill our greatest commandment: the audience! Amen! I’ve chosen you. Are you up? Mario… What is exactly the version that the big boss wants for this article? The truth.
– It doesn’t usually match the audience, huh? You have a good chance to find out. It’s not every day that we have the opportunity of
dealing with truth while we’re making reportages.
– Isn’t it? Don’t get used but enjoy it.
– I can handle this. Karl? Hi.
– Hi, pal! Come in. – Ow, ow…
Do you wanna coffee?
– No, thanks. Where’s going now our great adventurer? I’ve received the mission of exploring a new frontier of the communication. Another article about UFOs and aliens? Nope. The subject is the communication between us and the beyond. Medium Chico Xavier establishes communication between the dead
and the living ones. Do you know him? It seems serious. There’s a number of evidences.
– All right… Karlzinho, Karlzinho!… I don’t come to create more controversy. I come to say goodbye. So, you’ve decided, haven’t you? Did you say to Lara? Not yet…
– What are you waiting for, man?
I don’t know… A better time… And there is a better time for bad
– You know her, pal: she’s hardheaded. It’s complicated. Santiago, I’m sorry, bro, but… I’ve got a lot of stuffs to read… I must
close this suitcase ’cause I’m gonna travel pretty early. The show must go on. My little brother!… Bon voyage!
– Bon voyage you, pal. Send me news.
Good luck with Chico Mendes. Raul? Is that you?
– What’s up, Ruth? Have you listened? It’s nothing. You dreamed. Good night. Well… What, doctor? Are you seeing this little dot flashing right here?
– No. This very small seed… This one? This little piece of nothing? This is a human life. You’ll be mother. How long ago? I guess about 5 weeks. Isn’t it too much long? Yeah, it’s the beginning of a long existence… May I leave, doctor? When you told your son loves beach, I think the central
– Can I make a call? Just 1 min. As you please. Mr. Guilherme’s office. Good morning. Hi, Mrs. Elisa. How are you? Thanks God. Mr. Guilherme is in a meeting and asked not to be disturbed. Well… I see… Theo’s birthday party is a very important subject… but
he gave me orders: not to disturb him. All right. Thank you. Mrs. Elisa? Mrs. Elisa? If you agree… I can help you to organize an unforgettable birthday party. Sure. Please. How old is your son? 5. He’ll be 5. He’s an angel sent by God. So… this theme is gonna be perfect for your son’s birthday party. Lica! Where are you going? Getting a ride. It’s very hot yet! It’s past 3 o’clock.
– But it’s still hot! It will harm him, huh? Come on, Theo! Lica! Don’t go! You’ll regret it! Lica! Did you see the yellow house…? With or without excitement?
– With!!!! Ayrton. Nice to meet you. It’s warm here, huh?
– Very! Did you have a nice trip, sir? Yes, all in peace, but you don’t need to call me
sir. Just call me Karl.
– Where are we going? I wish to go directly to Chico Xavier’s “Casa
da Prece”. Do you know it?
– Aw… – Everybody knows it. Chico is a very beloved person here. Easy to see. As far as I hear about this man… he performs things that even God wonders. It’s said he writes letters from dead people… And he makes charity too. Do you know he performs a gathering of
people in need under an avocado tree? Do you know why? To distribute food and money. And about the letters of dead people? Doesn’t it seem deception? I don’t know… Chico never takes advantage of something. He’s still living in the same small house as always, modest life, without luxury. On second thought, let’s go to a hotel first. I’ll let my equipment there and prepare myself
– As you wish. Here we go. You won’t believe what I’ve found to Theo’s party…
– Easy! Take it easy, Elisa!
– What happened? He injured his head, it bled a little, but it’s everything fine.
– What happened? We’re riding a bike when suddenly a dog attacked…
– The dog bite him? – No…The dog was arrested. I said to her not to go, but
she’s stubborn! Never obeys me. She’s clumsy. The dog scared me. I lost control of the bike and we fell. But it wasn’t serious.
– Come here, son. Look at me. Are you fine, son?
– Yes… Does your head hurt?
– No… Give me a hug!… Yes?
– Good morning. Is it from Chico Xavier’s house? Yes, it is.
– How are you? My name is Karl. I’m journalist. Can I talk to Chico’s son? Eurípides isn’t at home now. And Chico? How is he?
– Fine, thanks God. Wonderful. Can I talk to him? No. He can’t talk now. I see… Well, can I give you my number? Perhaps he may contact me. Yes, of course. – The number is 326867. Once his son comes, I’ll ask him to contact you, ok? You’re welcome. Good morning to you too. These journalists never get tired… Hi, Chico! Did you call me?
– Yes. When my son comes, say to him opening the doors
to this lad who had telephoned.
– But, Chico… He’s another journalist!
– I know, but this one will help us. Well, if you say so, I obey. – It ain’t me who says: it’s Emmanuel. Don’t worry. This lad will contact us again. Chico? Does your back hurt yet?
– Hardly anything. Don’t deny… It’s just a matter of prayer and right medication to be solved. Chico, please… don’t go to the “Casa da Prece” today…
– Aw!… – What prevents me?
Your health can’t handle this. Today, you barely ate and you’re in troubles with this backache all day long. If I had to expect everything to be working
properly, I wouldn’t start anything in my life. I’m just asking you for resting. Nothing more.
can’t let people who need me waiting… Chico, sorry for saying this silliness, but I’m very fond of you. My dear, people who have passed away desire the
contact as much as the living ones. ‘Cause longing is a pain which hurts people in both worlds. Mom? Yes, my little angel? Why dad ain’t at home? Because your father is at work. Can I wait for him? Yes, you can. What would you want with him?
– Asking him to take us to the beach. Beach? Hmmm… Did you know you’ll celebrate your birthday?
– Yep. I’ll be 5.
– You’ll be 5? Did you know because of you’ll be 5, you can ask anything? I wanna go to the beach. All right. You’ll go to the beach. It’s gonna be cool. Do you know I love you?
– Yep. All I’ve got is you. God bless you. God bless you. Chico, I’m the journalist who has left the message. I need your authorization to videotape your house, your task… Do you authorize? It ain’t me who authorizes… And… does he authorize? Yes, he does. Chico, how can I see these signs? You only need eyes that could see. Nothing special. I ain’t deprived of this sense yet.
– I’m glad of it. Let’s go, my son. “Dear mother… “My father… I ask for your blessing… “Everything is clear now in my memory of everything that happened… “I’m fine now… “I’ve already learnt a lot!… “I miss you very much… “I’d like you to tell to uncle Renato “that aunt Maria is fine. “And she asks him to take care of both Paula
and Betinho. “We’ll be always thinking about you. “I love you too much. “Leonardo Vieira.” God be with you. “Mommy, “It’s me: Mateus. “I’d like to tell you something that I hadn’t time to tell… “Well… “It was an accident what had happened to me… “Nobody is to blame for that… “I forgive everything that has happened between us… “I didn’t know what I was doing… “I ask your forgiveness… “I need that to go ahead in peace… “Kisses from your beloved son “Mateus.” I’d like to end this comforting meeting thanking Jesus Christ’s inspiration, our Highest Model of Love and Peace on Earth. And saying as well that without God in our hearts, the future generations will put at risk… the life in our planet… Doctor Lemos, you’re being awaited at the operating room. Chico, to conclude my article, I need some few words of you. It’s essential. It’s gonna be fast. Wherever you can, whenever you can. You ain’t yet convinced about you’d been seen. Yes, I am… Chico, please. Please! Search the mothers. I’m nothing but an instrument. Nothing more. What’s going on, Elisa? What happened to Theo? He felt headache and I brought him here immediately. Due to the fall from the bike? It was just 2 sutures… Medical exams didn’t accuse anything… Where’s he? I wanna see my son. He’s in the ICU. ICU? God’s sake! Elisa… it’s lost! It’s my fault… I was supposed to be more present… … But we’ve got a little problem here.
– What happened? Chico won’t talk to us.
– I see… That’s ok. Let it with me. I’ll make some calls. No, it’s useless. Listen: I’d like to make a proposal. I wanna make an article only with the mothers who
have received the letters.
– No, Karl… Not this way… Son, people don’t care about this. They’re just interested in Chico Xavier himself. ‘Cause they got no the least idea about what’s going on here. There are hundreds of stories. We can make a serie of reports. Man, you should come to Uberaba in person. It’s unbelievable.
– I can’t, boy. Keep doing your job. I’ll handle this.
– Ok. Thanks.
Bye. Who’s she, folks? Is Rafa?
– No… Marcela?
– Neither… Give me a clue, folks.
– She’s beautiful. It’s Ju… No? It’s Dani. Who’s Ju? Who’s Dani? My students. You didn’t even invite me to your party.
– Which party? Oh no? What’s this so? Completion of the Course of Painting.
– I see… How are you? – Won’t you kiss me? I come to chat with you. I need to chat with you too. Let’s go out there so. Come. Oh, my God… Be brave! I thought… I wouldn’t ever be brave to do what I’m gonna do now… But I guess it’s the right time. I copied the keys of my apartment… I wish
you to come to live with me. Lara… Lara! Lara, wait! Come to sit down, just for a short time. Come! San, I know you’re surprised… After all, we’ve met each other a short time ago… But… I don’t think I’m in a hurry… I don’t know… We have much in common… Don’t you think? Lara… What’s this? Are you going to Madrid? Wouldn’t you tell me? I’m telling now. I’ve been waiting for this Master’s degree scholarship my entire life. What should I say, Santiago? I don’t know… So many things… “Congratulations!”, “Can I go with you?”… I don’t know… So many things… But you’ve messed everything up… When I asked you to marry me? I was quite wrong… When are you leaving? As soon as possible. Lara? Lara? Are you ok?
– Yeah, I’m ok! Everything is ok, Santiago! I’m pregnant. Ah, how I miss this!… Please, turn it off, Mario.
– What? I don’t believe! Did you forget? Guess what! What are you talking about? Today is our wedding anniversary, Ruth! Oh, Mario… What would you like? Huh? We should travel… Are you up?
– I’m fine here
No! We ain’t fine here. You and I need to breathe fresh air. You know I won’t leave…
– What’s stopping you?
You know… Please. Only 1 cup. Today you can’t deny. Come on, Ruth. Very good, Ruth! We’ll be filming from now on. Célia, first of all, I’d like to thank you a
lot for both welcoming me and this interview about so delicate and intimate subject… For a start… I’d like to ask how it has been
to deal with the loss of Rangel. We have no time to think of longing. And it comes soon… The longing came… when I was in a tight spot with 2 little children… Life was requesting me for working in the school
where I taught… Family was requesting as well… So, I can tell you that I’ve passed through
several months with no time to cry. You crazy, man? Gimme the money!
– I got no money.
Gimme your wristwatch! Shut up! You wanna die? “I’m pregnant…” Wake up, boy. Calm down, calm down! Everything is fine. Wake up. Are you gonna help this guy? This bastard has made it all… Denying aid to whom needs is inhuman. Are you ok? I feel great. Answer, Santiago!… Good news! Good news? Yes. It was a bleeding, Lara… It’s worrying but… In this case… Don’t bother yourself ’cause your baby is fine. It usually happens with the first pregnancy. And the child’s father? Have you ever talked to him?
– About what? About what happened, about baby. This child has no father, Doctor. He went away. Vanished. Well… It usually happens with first-time father. Doctor, I got a question: is it common for
a woman not wanting to have a child? No, Lara… You’d better don’t think about this. Think about both your healthy and your baby. – I ain’t prepared for this… Frankly… thus speaking, you’re being so selfish as child’s father. – No, doctor… There are completely different situations. Are you sure, Lara? You both think only about yourselves. Lara, take your exam and get rest. Did you understand? Take my business card. My numbers are there. Call me anytime.
– Thanks, Doctor… Mrs. Elisa? Hi.
– Hi. Sorry but… I’ve noticed you come here every single day… Sorry… I don’t wanna disturb… You don’t… but I’d like to talk to you. I’m in a hurry…. I’ve got something to you. May I? Let’s sit down? I guess you’ll enjoy this Theo’s drawing. Elisa, I… I don’t even know what to say… I’m still shocked. I’m really sorry. Do you think I’m mad? Why? I come to school every single day, hoping to
see my son again… exiting the gate. Really? The longing… The desire of being with him is stronger than me… I don’t understand such feeling. I can’t. Giving your own life for other life has ever crossed your mind? Every night, before bedtime, I used to pray… asking for my son could live more than me… I’d rather stumble a 100 times than see him falling only once… I can’t understand… I guess I wasn’t born to be mother… It needs a lot of courage. The years I spent with him were the best ones of my life… Don’t you feel hatred? – Of what? Life, God… whatever! In your place, I would feel plenty of hatred… Sorry… I shouldn’t say that. Be strong. Bye. Ruth? Ruth!!! You got the money? Take 4 pills at one go. Thank you. Can you forgive me? For what? My faults… If I were present, this wouldn’t have happened…
– Ain’t truth, Gê. I’ve done everything I can… I never neglected him not even for 1 min. I don’t know why it has happened… But we ain’t guilty. The nanny! I don’t know what she’s doing here. We’re supposed to call the police… Put her in jail… providing justice… – It would be useless, Gê… I’m gonna seek Chico. Chico?! Why Chico? He won’t bring our son back.
– I know… But I need to talk to him. Do you think you’re better than me, Elisa? Only because you believe in life after death!… I don’t think I’m better than you… nor someone else… I just think he can help us to handle this. It would be enough… I don’t know what I can do for you… neither with our marriage…
– Come on! Don’t take me as alibi for justifying your silliness!
– I wanna help you, Guilherme. You’re like everyone else… you only care about faith and God…when the misfortune knocks on the door!… You don’t know what you’re saying…
– Oh, no? Elisa… I won’t go after no one to hide my fault!… I’m paying for what I’ve failed to do… That’s all… Good luck! That’s all we need, Guilherme. We’re the owners of everything planted by us. We blame God,
but we’re responsible for everything that happens to us… Amazing things have happened… Really amazing… There’s indeed something beyond… Because it wouldn’t possible… The simple things… dignify us… I’m well aware of what I’m saying. And so? What do you think? Mario, these letters are the greatest legacy left by Chico… Do you know what he said about them? Listen. “The task of bringing comfort to the desperate family members through the letters “is what more gratifies me as medium.” Let’s go. I’m sure our boss will enjoy this. I’ve not made it for him. I’ve made it for you. Thanks, boy. When you finish editing… make a copy for me. It was a terrible accident this afternoon. Witnesses tell that everything has begun with an assault. It’s suspected that the driver had been shot and, hereupon, lost the control. The vehicle has flipped over and caught fire due to… My God!… My God! Karl? Hi… Hi. May I come in? What’s up, Karl? Santiago sent you here?
– No, Lara! Santiago has nothing to do with this! I mean… Talk! Lara… with a heavy heart… I give you bad news… Santiago has suffered a serious accident… He died… Say to him that he doesn’t need inventing such excuse… I got it! He went to Madrid… He wanna me out. That’s ok! I won’t ever go after him again. This isn’t necessary… This VHS tape will show you the images of the accident. You can see… Santiago’s dead body… on a stretcher…
– That’s a lie, Lara! That’s a lie! I’m right here! This is a lie. He’s in Madrid. He was autopsied. I saw him. I’ve identified his body… He hadn’t identity papers…
– Stop, Karl!!! What you mean? I’m sorry, Lara… This isn’t truth… I also feel devastated. You’re lying to me!… Stop it! Lara, you must be strong!… And now? Now, get rest. And Lara? Don’t worry. I’ll take her to you. Now, get rest. Rest!… “Gê, this won’t let you forget what we are. Signed: Elisa.” Buddy, tell to dad… What’s this letter in the alphabet?
– E! That’s it! “E” like in elephant! Say the last one.
– O!!! Jump into the water! Come, Elisa! Come, Elisa! Jump into the water! Mom!
– Come, come, come! It’s cold! Dad!!! You’re wonderful. Thank you. Let’s go? Are you ready? More than ready. Come. And if he does not want to see us? Come on, Ruth. We must try. With faith everything can be solved. Nice to meet you here. Guilherme didn’t wanna come. Your husband… needs our aid, but we… must go where he is. My dear… did you thank the nanny? No, Chico… I forgave her from the bottom of my heart… but I didn’t thank her… You should. Your son was predestined to pass away young. She was the vehicle of his departure. Figure out if he had fallen from your arms… Would you bear the blame for this? No… Thank you, Chico. God be with you, my dear. “Beloved mommy… “I know I’ve made you suffer too much… “I didn’t know what I was doing… “Now I understand what you said… “You were right. “I ask both your forgiveness and blessings. “Your beloved son: João de Deus.” God bless you… “My beloved parents, “I beg your forgiveness for all the suffering caused by me… “It’s all clear now… “But not before… “I used to blame others for my errors… “I was weak when I left both the drugs
and evil spirits to control my will… “Above all, I was coward… “The joy of living wasn’t part of my spirit… “My head… “was a whirlwind of shadows ruled by confusing and contradictory ideas.” Raul, where were you? Nowhere… Have you been using drugs?
– No! Are you ok, son?
– Get sleep! Do you think I can?
– Leave me alone! Please, I’m your mother!
– What mother? My son, what’s going on? – Give me a break! Please!… Talk to me! We don’t chat anymore. We just chat… with whom we trust. Oh, my son… forgive me!…
– Leave me alone! “I had friends, but I felt extremely lonely… “I had no the least idea about strange forces ruling my thoughts… “I was no longer the master of my fate… “I acted without knowing that invisible hands joined to mine… Ruth? Mario? – What happened, Ruth? Raul is here.
– Raul? Raul is here?
– He locked himself in the bedroom… “In a flash… everything had collapsed before my eyes…” Raul! My son!!! My son!!! No!!! What have you done to my son? I told you!!! “Destroying my own life… “has made me find a suffering even worse… “I didn’t know where I was… “I wished to leave, but I couldn’t… “I suffered for a long time… “for endless years… “in the spiritual world. “Hunger… “Coldness… “Discouragement… “A solitude infinitely bigger than that one I used to feel… “Until the day my Granny Yvone “came to rescue me…” Are you ok? It’s my son! It’s Raul!… Mario, it’s our son! “Since that day, “I’ve been preparing for this meeting,.. “which fills my soul with light and peace…” – How do you feel, Raul? Happy! Very happy! Are you ready?
– Yes. Thanks you. – You can correct your mistakes, Raul. Now… it depends only on you. That’s all I want. Thank you. Very much. Let’s go? “My mommy, “I ask you: don’t cry for me anymore!… “Help those in need “and forgive me from the bottom of your heart… “Only charity and forgiveness can offer to us the road to salvation… “The joy of this moment, my beloved dad, is eternal… “and will remain among us until the day of our reunion… “From your beloved son: Raul.” Thank you very much, Chico!… Good evening. Theo is among us. Can you see him? “Dear mommy, “It’s me: your son Theo… “I’m here with my teacher who helps me to write, ’cause I’m still learning… “I’m seeing you now… “I miss you… “But my joy of being here is greater than everything… “I was already sick when we used to play
together and talk to each other … “And then I hit my head against the floor, but I became stronger… “My head became heavy, but not because of the fall… “but due to a disease which had been born with me… “Lica wasn’t guilty at all… Go, Theo! Go! Go, scorer! A nice goal by Theo!… I don’t know how to do that, Guilherme! I’m a very bad player… Come here and give me a hug! Go, my dear! I had no the courage of entering. I… I tried, but… I couldn’t. What matter is you’re here. And so? He has come to meet us… Our little boy! Here it is! How can you know? He talks about me, about you and about my father. He said Lica was not guilty. Chico, and about the interview? You’re persistent, huh? Not me, but my profession. Do you know our avocado tree?
– No, I don’t know it yet. So, I invite you to come. In this day, we’ll chat. Hi. Hi… My dear, life is a supreme good. There’s nothing more important than it. Santiago asked you for forgiving him… He isn’t ready for writing, by now… but he begs you to preserve the life you’re carrying… He also said… only after having met you in the square… he realized how much he loves you… Thank you. Thank you! God bless you, my dear!… “When I cried due to my headache, you’ve telephoned my father… “He was scared, filled with fear… “And then I didn’t see nothing more… “All became dark… “And then I saw my father crying for me… “I wished to answer, but I couldn’t… “no longer… “And then I slept… “When I woke up, I was near my great-grandmother Lia, “who said would look after me as you used to do… “Since then, I’m surrounded by caress… “So, mommy, “don’t cry for me anymore!… “I’m fine… “Be strong and help my father… “I’d like to see him remembering our moments of joy… “like our journey by the beach… when we played together, pretending to be divers… “Nothing can delete these moments of joy… “Someday, we’ll be together again… “I love you both too much… “From your son: Theo.” How can it be possible, Elisa? How could Chico know all of this? It’s our son Theo! It’s my son Theo!… Chico Xavier has revealed to thousand of mothers the existence of
a feeling even bigger than the loss of a child: the certainty that he’s still alive. In thankfulness, the mothers gather under the shadow of the big avocado tree… “Come!… “I don’t wanna tell you a secret… “I talk about the ground of our house… “Come, ’cause it’s time to clean it… “Time… “I want to live another 200 years… “I don’t intend to hurt my fellow men… “I don’t wish to hurt myself either… “We’re gonna need everyone… “to ban the oppression of the world… (This film
is dedicated to children victims of procured abortion) “To build a new world, “we’re gonna need much love (If we accept a mom killing a child, in
her own womb, how to say to people not to kill each other?) “Happiness lives next door… “Those who ain’t fool can see… “Peace on Earth… “A foot on the earth… “Peace on Earth… “The salt of the Earth… “You’re the most beautiful planet among others!… “They’re mistreating you in exchange of money… “You are the spaceship and our sister… “Sing!… “You live in harmony… “You feed us with your fruits… “You’re the apple that feeds the humankind… “We’re gonna need everyone… “One plus one, is always more than two… “For better joining our forces, “we just need to share the bread better… “Let us create a paradise now… “for deserving those who will come further… “Let the love be born… “Let the love flow… “Let the love grow… “Let the love live… “The salt of the Earth… “The salt of the Earth” performed by Beto Guedes. Actor Caio Blat (Karl) was one of the last persons who talked to Chico, in person, before he dies. He himself has interviewed Célia Diniz (the real Elisa). Excerpt
from this interview is shown in the film. About the film, Célia said: “This film is wonderful and became a
fountain of self-consciousness. “When I saw my own story there, I felt touched. “The actress has performed it masterfully. She understood my pain.
And I saw myself suffering those events again…” Currently, Célia Diniz is the president of the “Centro Espírita Luiz Gonzaga”, founded by Chico Xavier himself in 1927, in the city
of Pedro Leopoldo, state of Minas Gerais. The movie just presents excerpts from the letters. The original letters contain details that only both mother and son knew. The film “As Cartas Psicografadas por Chico Xavier” presents the mothers talking about their children’s letters plenty of details. Chico’s Spiritist house “Casa da Prece” is still working, bringing comfort to people who miss their beloved relations… Some Chico’s books in English version: Paul and Stephen
Nosso Lar: Life in the Spirit World
The Messengers Two Thousand Years Ago
Fifty Years Later
Hail, Christ! Missionaries of the Light
Workers of the Life Eternal
In the Greater World Living Spring
On the Way to the Light The Pathway, The Truth and Life
Jesus in the Home
Our Daily Bread In the Realms of Mediumship
Between Heaven and Earth Action and Reaction
And Life Goes On Read Allan Kardec’s books: The Spirits’ Book The Mediums’ Book The Gospel According to Spiritism Heaven and Hell Genesis We have several videos about Spiritism in our account at your disposal. – The End –